Wednesday, May 15, 2013

four letter words.....

I have a confession to make. I love cussing.

Now let me preface this with I NEVER cuss in my classroom in front of my students, nor do I cuss in front of my children. This has led me to saying ridiculous things like bananas, fiddlesticks, what the what?, REEEEallllllllly dude, gnarly, and poop on a stick. I take my role as a teacher and mother very seriously.

However, when I am within my circle of comfy friends I let it go. I know that it's wrong, but its my only vice. I never went through the crazy party drinking phase, or wearing super slutty clothes and clubbing phase. I even get nervous watching rated R movies, and horror movies-forget it!!!! So I guess this is my rebellious phase.

I will never forget the very first time I had dinner at Shannon's parents house. My father in law sat down and said "blah blah blah F*&%!" I about spit out my food right there, but no else even flinched. I heard nothing else the rest of the night. It was a shock to my system, but deep down inside it lit a fire in me.

It was shortly after that I started trying out cussing. Letting it slip in here or there in conversations with my friends. I'm not gonna lie-it was fun.

Now that I am a upright standing citizen, teacher, and mom my cussing career has really diminished to when I exercise. I'm a straight up gangster mutha when I am running. After my run I should wash my own mouth out with soap.

Yes, I read the bible and I know that it is not becoming nor Godly to use profanity. If I am striving to be a proverbs 31 woman then I should watch my tongue-but on a really hot day, when I am on mile 3 striving to get to 13,  I need a shower, Noah is screaming,  Zachie needs to be fed,  all of a sudden Shannon wants to discuss something "important", the car needs gas, my clothes don't fit, and cali needs a walk well then sometimes you got say F*&% it.

You can pray for me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment